Attention new or potential food entrepreneurs!
KEDB is having a comprehensive one-day seminar providing food entrepreneurs with a general overview of the issues crucial in developing a successful food manufacturing business. Join us at the Courtyard Marriott at Kauai Coconut Beach on Saturday, June 16, 2018 from 8:00am to 4:00p
Where: Courtyard Marriott at Kauai Coconut Beach
When: Saturday, June 16, 2018 from 8:00am – 4:00pm
Cost: $105.00 early registration by May 25, 2018; $125 thereafter (Breakfast, Lunch, Snacks, and class materials included)
Register online below or call KEDB at (808) 245-6692 or email email@example.com.
The one-day Recipe to Reality seminar is the first step in developing a non-alcohol food business. It is specifically designed to provide entrepreneurs with an understanding of the key issues they will need to consider when starting a food business. Participants include individuals interested in marketing a family recipe, individuals with a product idea or concept, producers considering adding value to an agricultural product and restaurateurs or chefs exploring the manufacturing of a house specialty.
Recipe to Reality provides a general overview of the many issues involved in developing a food manufacturing business. Seminar topics address important questions that every entrepreneur should consider:
- Market research and selection – What are your target market options? What is market research and how do you use it?
- Product and process development – How do you commercialize your recipe? What are your processing facility options?
- Food regulatory issues and agencies – What agencies govern the food industry? How do the food regulations affect your business?
- Packaging and labeling – What are the required elements of a food label? What claims are allowed on food labels?
- Pricing and cost analysis – How do you determine a competitive price for your product? What other business costs do I need to consider?
- Product introduction and sales – How do you introduce your product to the marketplace? How do you create sales?
- Promotional material package – How do you create your promotional message? What should your promotional package include?
- Food safety and sanitation – What are the basics of food safety? What are the microbiology concerns for food products?
- Business structure – How should you structure your business? How should you protect your business?
By attending Recipe to Reality, entrepreneurs gain in one day information that could take months to research on their own. They will acquire valuable knowledge on the basics of starting a food business. The seminar helps attendees understand the challenges of starting a food business and allows them to make an informed decision as to whether developing a business and allows them to make an informed decision as to whether developing a business is the right choice for them.
Following the seminar, affordable, confidential services are available to those participants who decide to launch their own food business. In Product to Profit, our team of experts will help you navigate every step of the way by providing comprehensive assistance tailored to your specific business venture. All services can be provided long distance meaning you never need to come to our location to receive our comprehensive business assistance.
If you have questions about the seminar, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Check or money order payments should be made payable to Kauai Economic Development Board or call (808)245-6692 to pay by Credit Card.